Brought new Tplink RE505X Extender? Looking for reviews and ways to setup Tplink RE505, install and configure Tp-link WiFi booster using tplinkrepeater.net web panel. Connect Tp-link Extender RE505X to wifi and other devices. Read a complete guide of Tplink RE505X reviews, features and how to setup Tplink extender RE505X ?
Guide for Tp-Link RE505X Setup and Review
Are you facing any errors or interruptions while accessing the internet in your home or office? Then extenders are the devices for you. Out of many extenders available in the market tp-Link, RE505X extender is one most popular and reliable range extenders. RE505X is a dual-band extender and capable of achieving the speed of upto 1200Mbps on 5Ghz and upto 300Mbps on the 2.4Ghz band. This device is capable of providing the network over the areas that come in the dead zone of the Wifi.
Tp-Link RE505X Reviews and Features
- Extended Area Coverage: Tplink WiFi extender RE505X is capable of delivering high-frequency coverage to areas that are commonly named dead zones.
- Multiple Speed Wi-Fi: Enabling the 6 different speeds of the internet to the devices, Tplinkrepeater RE505X provides good streaming for downloading and uploading any data.
- Device connectivity: This is capable of providing a good connectivity signal to the devices which fall under the dear zone.
- One Mesh Technology: It’s one mesh technology that helps in creating a compatible network for a large number of devices.
- Easy Setup process: User can setup and manage the Tp-Link RE505X easily by many ways either manually or using the mobile app
TP-Link Repeater RE505X Specifications
|Ports||1 Gigabit Ethernet Port|
|Dimensions ( W x D x H )||2.9×1.8×4.9 in. (74.0×46×124.8 mm)|
|Signal Rate||300 Mbps at 2.4GHz, 1200 Mbps at 5GHz|
|Transmit Power||CE: 2.4GHz ≤20dBm, 5GHz ≤30dBm|
|Wireless Functions||Enable/Disable Wireless Radio, Wireless Statistics|
|Wireless Security||64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA-PSK2 encryptions|
|Package Contents||Wi-Fi Range Extender RE505X
Quick Installation Guide
TP-Link RE505X Extender Setup
One can setup the range extender using three ways – by using the web browsers i.e tplinkrepeater.net, Tether App, and by using the WPS Method.
Before going forward with the setup process one should plug the extender into the electrical outlet next to the router and wait for LED signals to get stable.
Tplink Extender Setup With tplinkrepeater.net on Windows Or Mac
1 Connect your computer/laptop with the range extender wirelessly using the below steps
For window Users/Mac Users:
Remove the ethernet cable from your computer.
On the taskbar, look for the WiFi icon and connect to the Extender Wireless Network as TP-Link_Extender.
2 Open the web browser and enter http://tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar
3 Select the host router’s 2.4GHz SSID and enter the password (make sure to create the different password as that of login) and click on NEXT.
4 Repeat the same steps for 5GHz SSID and click on NEXT.
5 Confirm the host network password
6 One can keep the default SSID name or can change the name if needed and click on NEXT.
7 Follow the web instruction for relocation of the Extender for better coverage and performance.
Install TP-Link RE505X Extender using Tether App
- Open the play store of your mobile phone and download the Tp-Link Tether App and complete the process by installing the App.
- Now launch the tether app and login with Tp-Link id.
- Once you login, click on the plus(+) icon and select the range extender.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the app for process completion.
- Relocate the range extender to improve the Wifi coverage and service.
Setup Tp-Link using the WPS button
- Tap the WPS button on the host router first and after that the WPS button of the Range Extender.
- Now, wait for some time for LED lights to become stable, which indicates that the connection is established successfully.
- When the range extender connects to a dual-band router, repeat the above steps for connecting it to the other band.
- Once both bands are connected, enjoy the seamless internet easily.
FAQs about Tp-Link RE505X Extender
Q1.How can I reset the extender to its factory default ?
With the extender powered ON, use some pointed object like a paper pin to press the RESET button for a second. The extender will reboot. Login to the extender panel and go to Settings > System Tools > Backup & Restore and click on Factory Restore.
Q2. What to do when a web management page is not accessible?
This happens due to a various reasons:
- Make sure your device is connected wirelessly to the internet connection
- Make sure your device is configured to obtains the IP address automatically
- Verify that you are using the correct web address for accessing the web management page.